Tuesday 5 November 2013

I'm back!

Hey guys,

After being away from dp for several months, I'm happy to announce that I'm returning to the game! After four years of study, I'm finally finished at university - well, that is until I go back for my Masters degree. It's fantastic to see some familiar faces posting on here (Matze, Lazers, and Omni), and I look forward to catching up with you in-game. 

It appears that there is some growing interest in a reboot of the clan. As omni has mentioned, this development is probably something that he and I would need to discuss. All of you appear to have positions in some pretty excellent clans (sPec and iP), so perhaps this is something that may eventuate later rather than sooner. It's likely that I'd be for it, though I'd want to implement some changes to make things run more smoothly, based on what I learnt from last time.

Reboot or not though, it would be cool if some of us could play a game together soon. Omni is away for the week, but when he gets back it might be fun to play a 2s or 3s game. These things can be tough to organise with us all being in different time zones, but it would be fun to just play against each other - like, omni and myself versus Matze and Lazers (or schizophrenic, I know that it's difficult with the US and EU time zones being poorly matched). sPec also holds 2v2 tournaments every fortnight - I plan to play in the next one, and I'd encourage the rest of you to join me! - it's not serious or clan-based - just for fun. Another thing that Matze once mentioned, which I think would be cool, is a montage video of some of us playing. Sure, it wouldn't compare to anything like that of shk, but it might be fun nonetheless. Anyway, that's enough from me for now - I'll likely see you on a server soon!

Noturning

4 comments:

  1. About the JMR's tourney thing, you must have a funtag (no letters). I'd be happy to be a partner with one of you guys if you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, could you change the "LaZeRs Pub Website" link to http://lazersdp.wix.com/home#!lazerspub/cdmj ?
    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the day after I posted this, I woke up to find my computer bricked :( It turned on initially, but it wouldn't boot. After switching it off, I tried to turn it back on again, but to no avail - it now won't even turn on at all. So, it's currently serving as a large paperweight and nothing more. It seems to be heat-related damage to an internal component. I've got a friend checking it out, but I'll probably have to buy a new laptop. Hopefully I'll have it before the next JMR tournament. If you're keen to play Lazers, it'd be great to have you! Just as long as you don't mind playing with/against a player like me who is (currently) less than impressive in the skills department :D

    I'll fix your link up when I get home and can use my ipad. I'm typing this from my phone. Let me know if you'd like me to add anything else as well. I can add your youtube channel to the video feed on the right if you'd like -------->

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry! You got 2 weeks to practice. I'll play with you even you want. ;)
    Thanks [in advance] for updating!

    ReplyDelete