Tuesday 28 January 2014

|-210| Cup #1

Alright guys... So I'm organizing another cup for our clan. I hope we can all pitch in and help! That would be great, especially considering our different timezones.

This is an NORTH AMERICAN cup - Prozak/Superman Servers | 18:00 (6 PM) Eastern Standard Time (Eastern American Time) | etc. - so sorry thai and all the European DP players, this cup's not for you. Although, |-210| Cup #2 will be 18:00 (6 PM) Central European Time, so it's good news for Europeans in the future.

I have made a draft on DP - here, you guys can look at it. (The font styles are different in my draft)

[DRAFT] **Copy and Paste to DP Forums if you like**


That's right! Another cup! This cup is the first of many Liquid Nitrogen hosted cups for DP2.

This one's kind of more on the American side though... Sorry Europe.

The next one of our tournaments (|-210| Cup #2) will be more European based.

[hr]
[size=12pt][b]FORMAT: [color=white]2v2, 10 MINUTE TIMELIMIT, DOUBLE ELIMINATION, BEST OF 1, FINALS BEST OF 3, STANDARD MATCH RULES[/color]
DATE: [color=white]MARCH 29TH[/color]
TIME: [color=white]18:00 EST[/color]
SERVERS: [color=white]PROBABLY PROZAK OR SUPERMANS[/color]
MAPS: [color=white]CARPATHIAN, PROPAINT1, PBCUP_RENOIR, PBCUP_PFOREST, OTH, AIRTIME, SHAZAM22, WOBLUDA_FIX[/color]
BRACKETS: [color=white][url]WWW.CHALLONGE.COM/210CUP_1[/url][/color]
TEAMS: [color=white][i][ 0 / 12 ][/i][/color]
SIGN-UP: [url=http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/hfSofZZWQA]WWW.CHALLONGE.COM/TOURNAMENTS/SIGNUP/HFSOFZZWQA[/url]
IRC CHANNEL: [color=white]#LIQUID_NITROGEN[/color]
TS3 CHANNEL: [color=white]OTB-SERVER.DE[/color]
MORE INFORMATION: [url=lazersdp.wix.com/tourney]LAZERSDP.WIX.COM/TOURNEY[/url][/b][/size]
[hr]

[b][u]TEAMS[/u][/b]

Team 1:
Team 2:
Team 3:
Team 4:
Team 5:
Team 6:
Team 7:
Team 8:
Team 9:
Team 10:
Team 11:
Team 12:

[hr]
[b][i][color=red]NOTE: ANY CHEATING, HACKING, OR ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THE VIOLATORS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THE CURRENT TOURNAMENT AND ALL FUTURE LIQUID NITROGEN TOURNAMENTS. SO, THINK BEFORE YOU ACT.[/color][/i][/b]
[hr]

Matches can be played at anytime throughout the day after the start of the tournament. Remember, the tourney starts at [b]18:00 (6 PM)[/b].
You MUST be on either the IRC or TS3 channel above [u]10[/u] minutes BEFORE the tournament starts, and stay on either one to post a tourney admin your scores.

Feel free to spectate! But if the players are complaining, you will be kicked if you don't leave when told to by a server/tournament administrator.
Also, please talk in TEAM CHAT when you are observing. Only communicate out loud in observer when the rounds aren't going.


Good luck in getting your duo to fight to the top and have fun!

17 comments:

  1. Can you pls. make it earlier like 5 hours earlier?
    I wanna join. If the time is still 18:00, It would be 1:00 am here. If you decrease it by 4 hours, It would be 9PM in my time. For me and noturning? I wanna join my to-be-first tournament =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Copy and paste the data above (starting with "That's right! Another Cup!") and post it on DP if you want. I'm trying to stay off from posting on the forums right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If this is an NA tournament, we still may play just to show people who is boss, but if not I would sure help you out with running it considering we may not play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lazers,

    I'll comment on this tomorrow - sorry I've been away recently and so I haven't seen this post until now. It's pretty late here and I'm super tired - I'll post this up on the forums now and will chat more about it with you soon. Needless to say, I'm keen to participate in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright, omni. Thanks for your support!
    Thanks, noturning. I'll be waiting for your reply!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, P.S.
    Should we make it at the end of February?
    And...
    Got any suggestions for more 2v2-based maps? (greenhill_b1 probably will be added, pending on green_park_b4)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, but can someone idle in the IRC Channel (#Liquid_Nitrogen) and give the details there?
      I don't have IRC, and I've tried it on the DP Website, but I'm not very good at it. I'll be on the TeamSpeak3 Server (otb-server.de)

      Delete
  7. zephyrus_b5? it has a great flow and good gameplay for a 2v2..

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a possibility, thai. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about the delayed response - as you may have noticed, I haven't been online these last couple of days. I've been really busy preparing for job interviews which has consumed a lot of my time (need to study up company history, role responsibilities, etc. etc. for each one).

    Firstly, I do think that we should hold it in February - I will be free this weekend (8th and 9th) although I *may* be away the next weekend. I'm not too bothered on the date, but I think that March is a bit too far away.

    I agree with clipz's points about the maps being better suited to 3v3 rather than 2v2. I think that zephyrus is a great suggestion from Thai, and you know I'm always a fan of destiny :P

    It's great to see Spec entering three teams, perhaps I'll get to go against the greatest UK player, the famous omni!

    Good job on ignoring the trolls in the thread Lazers. Ignore all that bullshit they write about your post count - anyone with any sense knows that you couldn't give a shit about that, and that you post genuinely interesting and relevant comments.

    Because this is a US cup, I think that Say should participate (I know you're reading this Say, even though you don't ever comment lel y u do dis).

    Ideally, we could have two teams of 2 from -210. I think it's always good to have a back up player as well in case something unavoidable comes up for someone.

    One interesting point:
    "Matches can be played at anytime throughout the day after the start of the tournament. Remember, the tourney starts at 18:00 (6 PM)."

    Does this mean that the players have between 6PM and 12AM to get their match in? (a 6 hour window), or does the time extend from 6PM to 6PM (a 24 hour window).

    Also - when you asked "can someone idle in the IRC Channel (#Liquid_Nitrogen) and give the details there?" - did you want me to do that starting now and ending after the tournament, or on the day of the tournament?

    Oh final question - Why is this Cup #1? Shouldn't it be #3?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aha, sorry omni - these interviews literally take 6-8 hours to prepare for - for each and every one. Add all the formalities on top of that - sourcing materials for police checks, getting documents sighted by judicial officers etc. and you have a recipe for minimal dp time :(

    I haven't seen you on in weeks, since you went fishing last! I'll likely be on at my normal time tonight (i.e., around 12am-1pm here), so let me know if you're going to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To answer your questions, noturning:
    1. Well, I probably should've worded my phrasings a little better. Of course, I want the teams to finish up in about 4 hours like they usually do (9 AM - 1 PM my time in previous tournaments), and that's what I intended to mean. But I'm fine letting the teams go the whole day, which is unlikely to happen. It's just when I said that, I meant like the times the players usually spend on the tournament.
    2. You don't have to idle the IRC Channel ALL the time until the tournament. That's your option. Just idle on the DAY of the tournament, for sure, so you can spread the information there while I share what's happening on TS3.
    3. It's called Cup #1 because this is a series of cups, about to maybe 5 or more, and I'd like to have them in order. Also, we never called the |-210| Beginners Tournament or the |-210| New Year's Cup |-210| Cup #1 and |-210| Cup #2.

    Hopefully that answered your questions. I haven't had a lot of time either. I'm piled up with homework, community service, and sports almost everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. Sorry, I've always been asleep for these tournaments - except for pb2x's one which ran over several days, rather than a confined X hour period. That probably works better anyway - that ensures the best likelihood of us both being online for the length of the tournament.

    2. I'm not a huge fan of IRC, as I prefer to use TS3 for communication. However, I'll certainly be on the IRC channel for the entire day of the tournament.

    3. Makes logical sense.

    Hope you're not getting too flooded with work - sounds like you're pretty busy!

    I've updated the forum thread - sorry I took a bit long in getting around to that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, noturning.
    I would do the several days types, but everyone is busy and seems to not be able to compete on any day but Saturdays. Plus, school on weekdays, etc.
    I'll keep you updated on the Cup by sending you new teams, updated map rotation, etc.

    ReplyDelete