Sunday 1 December 2013

Ideas I Have For This Clan

Well, I've been thinking, wouldn't our clan be a little more popular/respected if we provided some servers for Paintball 2?
I think so.

Anyway, if you want, this is a little thing full of links helping you guys create a server. I wish I could supply a regular, dedicated server(s), which a would've done already if I can, but I cannot figure out the login to my router.
Here ya go.

>>General
How To Make A Paintball 2 Server [Windows]
How To Make A Paintball 2 Server [Linux]
How To Make A Paintball 2 Server [Via DigitalPaint.org]
Having Problems Running A Server?
Port-Forwarding Guide

>>Tools
DP Server Match Rental Tool
Remote Control Admin Panel

>>Tutorials
Basic Version - LaZeRs
Detailed Version - LaZeRs
HD Version - DerryBoy09
Regular Version - Derryboy09

Also, wouldn't it be cool to create another |-210| tournament?
I would really want to!!! It could be a 3v3 tournament like the people of the forums want from the sPecial 2v2 tournaments after they ended.

Anyway, those are some ideas I have to possibly benefit our clan. :)
Enjoy!

|-210|LaZeRs

2 comments:

  1. I love the enthusiasm and initiative, thanks Lazers! I think that having servers are a great way to get the name out. We used to have one (I think it was hosted by unibonger, but I might be totally wrong). The only thing holding me back from hosting a server is that very few people would want to play on it, with me being allll the way over in Australia. That said, once my new PC arrives, I'll look into it further and try to get an idea of how much lag people would have. I think choice's (also Australian) server had US players pinging at 250+ (That's still very low for me though :P).

    The tournament idea sounds great! Do you think we should use ad-hoc teams, or make it clan-based? I was just thinking - it can be pretty tough to get players to actually turn up to these tournaments (as we learnt from the first -210 tournament). If it was just ad-hoc teams, then we would have two teams just from -210 players (myself, omni, lazers, thai, matze, +1) - and hopefully (at least) six more players, to make up another two teams. I'm always a little concerned that no teams will show, but if we can get 4 teams then I'd be happy.

    We should announce this soon if we do go ahead - people will be busy around Christmas. Maybe we could hold it the weekend after next (14/15th of December).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i opened a jump server:
    |-210| Jump
    decent ping for euros :D

    ReplyDelete